The "Old Chapel" (1940) on Church St. off Town Square. The building was originally just west of the Church of the Pilgrimage on School St., but moved to this location when the Congregational Church was moved west 20 feet in the 19th century. The chapel was moved once again around 1970 during urban renewal to the west and combined with a house that had originally been located at 69/71 Summer Street (although the numbers were changed at some point) to create the present Parish House. The activity in the picture was a revived market fair which failed to survive the war years.

Old Chapel 1940