A Pilgrims' Eye View of Burial Hill ca. 1894. The old wooden gothic church, built in 1831, burned down in 1893. In this picture we can see what Burial Hill looked like from Town Square (minus the tombs and monuments) when the Fort Meetinghouse was in place, as shown at Plimoth Plantation. The fort was just to the right of the tall Cushman monument in the center of the scene. Unfortunately, the Plantation site lacks this extra extent of hillside, but is, in a foreshortened way, remarkably similar.